Thank you very much for using the website of “Erin’s Challenge! I Can Speak Japanese.” This site is operated by the independent administrative institution, The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa, based on the following rules of use. People who access and use this site are deemed to agree with this site policy.
(1) The copyrights (or intellectual property rights) for information carried on this site, such as text, illustrations, pictures, audio, and images all belong to The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa, unless otherwise stated.
(2) The information carried on this site cannot be reprinted or reproduced wholly or in part for any purpose other than private use.
(1)The utmost care is given to security on this site. However, this does not guarantee the possibility of mistaken contents resulting from uncontrollable factors, such as falsification by a third party. The Japan Foundation does not bear responsibility for any damage to persons resulting from the use of this site or the information on this site.
(2) In order to facilitate the convenience of people using this site, this site includes contents, links, and other information suggested by third parties and translations of these items carried out by The Japan Foundation for which The Japan Foundation does not have responsibility.
(3) The Japan Foundation makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of site content, yet does not guarantee the information provided on the site. The Japan Foundation bears no responsibility for any damage caused through use of the site; users bear responsibility for any use of the site.
(4) Site content and URL may be changed or deleted without advance notice. In addition, all or part of site services may be stopped due to system error or maintenance. The Japan Foundation bears no responsibility for any damage caused by such changes in content and service stoppage.
(5) The Japan Foundation bears no responsibility for any damage caused through violation and/or the unlawful use of e-mail addresses and/or passwords, and unlawful access or alteration to user data or correspondence.
(6)In the event of a dispute arising between users of this site or users and a third party, the concerned parties are to reach a settlement autonomously.
-Legal Standards and Court Jurisdiction-
The site policy and the User Terms shall be subject to the laws of Japan. Any dispute between the user and the Japan Foundation relating to the services provided on this site or the site policy or the User Terms shall be submitted to the Saitama District Court.
The Japan Foundation, Japanese-Language Institute, Urawa collects information on users as necessary in order to smoothly operate site services. Information collected is handled carefully within the range of usage purposes.
(1) User registration is required for using some part of the site provided. Two pieces of information are needed for registration.
After registration, you may cancel registration at any time.
(2) The Japan Foundation may contact users via the e-mail address they provide. The Japan Foundation will use the opinions and impressions of users collected as a reference when managing the site and to help in its continuous improvement.
(3)The Japan Foundation will never intentionally disclose collected user information that identifies individuals to third parties. However, the following three cases are exceptions.
The Japan Foundation adopts rational measures to prevent the accidental disclosure of collected information to a third party. Please understand, however, that the security measures taken by The Japan Foundation do not guarantee complete security regarding the leakage of information that can identify individual users, etc.
*Cookies are data files sent from a website to a user's computer. They enable the website to read from the user's computer when the user visits the site again. Some pages on this site use the cookies function to save the user the trouble of inputting details every time, collect history information on pages visited by the user, etc. Furthermore, the user can reject the acceptance of cookies. In this case, though, it might not be possible to use some of the services provided on this site.
(1)The information and URL of this site may be changed or deleted without advance notification.
(2)While the utmost care is taken to ensure the accuracy of information carried on this site, The Japan Foundation does not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any actions taken by users after using this site.
(3) Due to system disorder, maintenance, etc., the supply of information from this site might be temporarily suspended.
This web site is link-free. We welcome linking with any sites. Neither notice nor application is necessary before you link. Our original banners are also offered here for your convenience.